||The application for “Certificate of Participation - Owner” (hereinafter referred to as “Owner Certificate”) under the T-Home “Letting Scheme for Subsidised Sale Developments with Premium Unpaid” (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) is only for persons who meet the following requirements:
||Applicants must be the owner and all the joint owner(s) (if any) of a flat in the designated subsidised sale developments of the Hong Kong Housing Society (hereinafter referred to as “HS”) or the Hong Kong Housing Authority (hereinafter referred to as “HA”);
||One of the applicants must have owned or co-owned with joint owner(s) the title of the Flat for 10 years or above (from the date of signing the Deed of Assignment in respect of the Flat) on the date of submitting the application form (hereinafter referred to as “AF”). [If the following transfers occurred in respect of the Flat in the past 10 years, when calculating the period of ownership of the Flat, HS will also consider taking into account the period of ownership of the Flat by the preceding owner.
(1) the title to the property is transferred to other family members with the consent of HS or HA; or
(2) an assignment carried out in accordance with (i) estate arrangement or (ii) court order in respect of divorce, and with the consent of HS or HA (if applicable)]; and
||Any transfer or letting out of the Flat are still subject to the restrictions of (i) the Government Land Grant and the Modification Letter(s) and the Waiver Letter(s) (applicable to subsidised sale flats of the HS) or (ii) the Housing Ordinance (applicable to HA’s subsidised sale flats) (i.e. flats with premium unpaid).
||Owners who intend to apply for the Owner Certificates should read the Application Guide for “Letting Scheme for Subsidised Sale Developments with Premium Unpaid” “Certificate of Participation - Owner” (hereinafter referred to as “AG”) carefully before completing the AF.
||Subject to the terms and conditions of the Scheme and (i) the relevant Government Land Grant (including Modification Letter(s) and waiver letter(s)) or (ii) Housing Ordinance (applicable to HA’s subsidised sale flats), owner may let the Flat to (i) persons holding valid “Certificate of Participation - Tenant” issued by the HS under the Scheme (hereinafter referred to as “Tenant Certificate”) or (ii) The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (hereinafter referred to as “HKCSS”) which holding valid “Certificate of Participation - Organisation” (hereinafter referred to as “Organisation Certificate”) issued by the HS under the Scheme. If the Flat belongs to subsidised sale flat under the HA, its prospective tenant (including Tenant Certificate Holder and HKCSS which holding Organisation Certificate) must apply to HA for the “Nomination Certificate” for renting the Flat or certain bedroom(s) therein. The prospective tenant can only enter into tenancy agreement with landlord after obtaining the “Nomination Certificate” issued by HA in respect of the Flat. HS does not guarantee that Tenant Certificate Holder or HKCSS holding the Organisation Certificate will obtain the “Nomination Certificate” from HA successfully. For details, please refer to the AG.
||Please note: owners are responsible to comply with the Buildings Ordinance and other laws and regulations relevant to the Flat. HS will study relevant information available (including the results of land search) in vetting the applications. If there are issues that clarification is required, HS will seek further information from the owners. Moreover, owners shall make the following declarations in the tenancy agreement:
The owner(s) hereby declare(s), in his/her/their knowledge, when signing this agreement:
If necessary, HS may advise the owners to seek professional advice, and may halt the application in abeyance meanwhile.
- the Flat has not contravened the Buildings Ordinance or any notice, order or etc issued under the Buildings Ordinance; and
- the Flat has not contravened other legislations.
||Applicants must submit their applications in any of the following ways (no application deadline at this moment):
||At the designated website of the Scheme: lettingscheme.hkhs.com together with an application fee of HK$200. If the online application is successful, Applicants do not need to post or submit by hand the hard copies of the AF, otherwise it will be deemed as repeated applications, and HS has the right to cancel all relevant applications; or
||Complete the AF in block letters (and in Chinese if applicable) with black or blue ball pen, post the completed AF together with an application fee of HK$200 (crossed cheque or cashier order payable to “HONG KONG HOUSING SOCIETY”, and please write the Applicant’s name and telephone number (if there are more than one owner, please indicate any one of them) at the back of the cheque or cashier order). Cash, post-dated cheque and electronic cheque will not be accepted, and any applications with which dishonoured cheque/cashier order or without cheque/cashier order will be cancelled.
- By mail to “Hong Kong Housing Society”, GPO Box No.8600, Hong Kong. Please indicate [Application for “Letting Scheme for Subsidised Sale Developments with Premium Unpaid” – Owner’s Application”] on the cover of the envelope (If the AF cannot be delivered to HS due to insufficient postage, the application will not be processed); or
- By returning to Applications Section of HS (Address: G/F, Dragon Centre, 23 Wun Sha Street, Tai Hang, Hong Kong)
||Application fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferrable irrespective of the application result.
||All information provided must be true and correct otherwise HS is entitled to cancel such application. Applications that are not submitted by the specified method will not be accepted. HS reserves the right not to accept any application.
||For enquiries, please call HS “Letting Scheme for Subsidised Sale Developments with Premium Unpaid” hotline on 8108 0678 during its office hours.
||Applicants may also browse the designated website for the Scheme at lettingscheme.hkhs.com for relevant information.
||The application fee of HK $200 shall be paid online by way of PayPal or specified credit cards.
||The personal data collected in the AF are solely used for processing applications under the Scheme and its related matters. HS may also use the information for statistical surveys and researches, and may for such purpose contact the applicants. When assessing the eligibility of the applicants, HS has the right to compare and match the personal information provided in the AF with the relevant personal information collected for other purposes (manually or otherwise) in order to ascertain whether such information is false or incorrect or misleading, and may take appropriate actions against the person(s) concerned on the basis of the result of the data comparison and matching. The Applicants shall authorise HS to verify and match the relevant information with other government departments, public/ private organisations/ companies, the independent consultant companies appointed by HS or HS’s existing records, and further give consent to any government departments, public/ private organisations/ companies or the independent consultant companies appointed by HS to provide HS with the Applicants’ personal data in their possession for the purpose of comparing or matching the information in the AF. For more details, please see Section 8 – Notes on Collection of Personal Data in the AG.
||Privacy Warning Message (Transfer of information)
- The personal data collected from the online application of the Scheme will be transmitted in an encrypted mode to the relevant authorised organisations for processing matters related to the application and the scheme.
- The encrypted mode of data transfer intends to avoid the collected personal data being mistakenly leaked out.
- Such data may be transferred in and to a place outside Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Housing Society Applications Section
G/F, Dragon Centre, 23 Wun Sha Street, Tai Hang, Hong Kong
Monday to Friday : 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays : Closed
“Letting Scheme for Subsidised Sale Developments with Premium Unpaid” hotline: 8108 0678
- The information contained in this website is compiled by HS which applicable to online application under the Scheme only.
- Users may link from this website to HS’s corporate website for general information on HS.
- HS is not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any information (including data or programmes) on this website. HS reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information compiled by the HS in this website at any time in its absolute discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. Users are responsible for making their own assessment of all information contained in this website.
- Communication over the internet may be subject to interruption or delay due to internet traffic or incorrect data transmission. HS does not accept any responsibility for any damages incurred during online application processed by the users.
- The online payment service provider for this website is PayPal Hong Kong Ltd. (“PayPal”). All credit card information will not be processed or stored on the web server of this website. The entire payment process was made at PayPal's online payment platform. Applicants who use the PayPal’s online payment platform must understand the usage policies and privacy terms listed on the PayPal’s website. As a result of nature of internet the website payment system does not work properly, resulting in online transactions cannot be completed or missing relevant information, records, etc., the site will not be liable. HS will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss arising from the use of PayPal's online payment platform.
- This disclaimer has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- HS will not share any personal information gathered through cookies on this website with third parties.
- HS do use third party 'analytics' cookies on this website to help us aware of those who visit it, but none of that information can be profiled or tracked to an individual. The information collected is mainly for general statistical purpose.
- The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are initially set accept cookies. If users wish to amend the cookies preferences for this website, users can do this through the browser settings.
- However, please remember that essential cookies are required to enable the functions on this website. If users choose to switch certain cookies off, it will certainly affect the operation on the website.
||The website has been tested on popular internet browsers including Internet Explorer version 11 or above, Firefox, Safari and Chrome. For best viewing, we recommend using Chrome 70 or above.